ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY POLICY
This Environmental Sustainability Policy formalises our commitment to supporting the principles of environmental sustainability and recognises that a sustainable environment is central to our lives and our work.
The aim of our Environmental Sustainability Policy is to:
- implement environmental actions within the company
- monitor the environmental actions and improvements internally
- communicate environmental initiatives internally and externally.
This policy and associated procedures apply to all directors, staff and contractors working for the company.
Gintonica Pty Ltd respects our relationship with the natural environment and its ecosystems. We acknowledge the adverse impacts that human activity can impose and take actions to prevent degradation of those natural systems.
Gintonica Pty Ltd commits to reducing the impact of our work both in the office and warehouse, and when work takes us away, through:
- •Monitoring and managing our environmental performance and working towards targets set to reduce adverse impacts.
- Complying with relevant Australian Commonwealth, State and Local environmental policy, practices, regulations and legislation, and industry-specific legislation.
- Reducing the consumption of natural resources in daily operations, including the use of solar energy, and avoiding the use of paper wherever possible.
- Maximising the recycling of resources, particularly cardboard and glass.
- Disposing of waste appropriately, including e-waste at designated e-waste centres.
- Committing to the principles of preventing pollution to the environment and continual improvement.
- Minimising pollution by taking steps to limit carbon emissions.
- Where possible, encouraging suppliers to meet high standards of environmental performance.
- Communicating this policy to all employees, contractors and other stakeholders, as well as making this policy available to the general public.
- Reporting on the company’s environmental performance in both internal and external communications, where relevant.
- Reviewing this policy annually and measuring targets and performance as part of that review.
Responsibility and Review
This Environmental Sustainability Policy is the responsibility of the Management of Gintonica Pty Ltd. This policy was lasted updated January 2023 and will be reviewed January 2024.